Rice Salad with Red Cabbage and Chicken
This hearty rice salad with cabbage and chicken will make you think of rice in a whole new way! It has a hearty crunch, and 22 grams of protein per serving.
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- 4 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. whole sesame seeds
- sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Combine oil, vinegar, and lemon juice in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well. Set aside.
Combine rice, chicken, cabbage, green onion, and sesame seeds in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.