Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Boost the rich flavor of the nuts by toasting them in the oven until golden.
- 4 cup(s) lettuce, mixed greens
- 4 tablespoon vinaigrette, balsamic, fat-free or fat-free balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 can(s) beets (8 1/4 ounces) chilled
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh snipped, or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 2 tablespoon nuts, walnuts coarsely chopped, toasted
- 1 ounce(s) cheese, goat cheese, crumbled
Arrange salad greens on a small serving platter; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing. Set aside.
Drain and cut up beets. In a medium bowl, combine cut-up beets, basil or parsley, and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons salad dressing; toss to coat. Spoon beet mixture onto center of salad greens. Sprinkle beets with walnuts and goat cheese.
Calories 160, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 7mg, Sodium 700mg, Saturated Fat 3g, Protein 6g, Fiber 3g, Carbohydrates 14g
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.