Summer Chickpea Salad
This salad of crunchy radishes, juicy cherry tomatoes, mild green onions, chickpeas, and feta is delicious with or without lettuce. For a different spin, combine the leftover bean mixture with a can of tuna! Keep the mixture separate from the salad greens until you’re ready to serve, then top with creamy avocado slices.
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium red radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (½ oz.)
- ½ medium avocado, chopped
Here are your instructions:
Combine lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
Combine radishes, green onions, chickpeas, and tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Evenly arrange greens on six serving plates. Top evenly with chickpea mixture, cheese, and avocado.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.