Mediterranean Tuna Salad Sandwich
This Mediterranean-style tuna salad recipe from the Body Beast Eating Plan is a healthy, versatile, high-protein meal. Instead of mayonnaise, it is dressed with lemon juice and heart-healthy extra-virgin olive oil, and dotted with colorful veggies.
Make multiple servings of the tuna mixture in this recipe and use in sandwiches, salads and even tossed with cooked whole grain pasta. This is also a great recipe that can be enjoyed with raw vegetables if you are avoiding carbs. You can also make a sandwich using lettuce leaves instead of bread.
- 1 (3½ -oz.) can solid white tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ medium red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ medium celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. capers
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 slices high fiber whole grain bread
- 2 slices medium tomato
- 1 lettuce leaf
Here are your instructions:
Combine tuna, lemon juice, oil, onion, celery, bell pepper, parsley, capers, and pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; mix well.
Top one slice of bread with tuna mixture; top with tomato, lettuce, and finish with second slice of bread.
With Bread :
Without Bread :
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.