Mangos are back in season! This mango salad is kicked up with a zing of jalapeno and is a great—and easy—side salad that you can pair with almost any meal.
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, cut into half-inch cubes
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno (or Serrano chile), cut in half, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 100% orange juice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt (to taste; optional)
- 8 cups baby greens (or arugula)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Here are your instructions:
Combine mangoes, onion, jalapeno, orange juice, cilantro, and salt (if desired) in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place greens in a large bowl.
Drizzle oil over greens; toss gently to blend.
Add mango mixture; toss gently to blend.
Divide salad evenly among four plates. Serve immediately.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.