Chicken and Veggie Fajitas
This delicious restaurant favorite is easy to make at home! This version is healthy and packed with a rainbow of vegetables.
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into ½-inch strips
- ½ medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow (or orange) carrot, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) whole wheat (or corn) tortillas, warm
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
- Lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp. oil in large re-sealable plastic bag.
Add chicken; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 tsp .oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add bell peppers, onion, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
Add lime juice; mix well.
Top each tortilla evenly with chicken mixture and salsa; garnish with lime wedges if desired.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.