Sweet Potato Salad
This salad is topped with hearty sweet potatoes. They’re a superfood high in beta-carotene, potassium, and manganese. Pumpkin seeds add extra crunch!
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh herbs (like basil, oregano or parsley) (to taste; optional)
- 1 medium baked sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seed kernels, toasted (or chopped raw walnuts)
Here are your instructions:
Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and herbs (if desired) in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
Combine sweet potato, apple, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle dressing over sweet potato mixture; toss gently to blend.
Place even amounts of arugula on two serving plates; top each with sweet potato mixture and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
(Tips) Bake fork-pierced sweet potato at 450° F for 30 to 40 minutes or until just tender. Do not over bake; cool.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.