Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
There’s nothing better than coming home to the smell of a delicious dinner that’s been slowly cooking all day, especially when you don’t have to toil away in the kitchen for hours to make it! Throw all the ingredients for these turkey meatballs into a crock pot in the morning, set the timer, and indulge in a warm, hearty meal that night.
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup whole grain panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
Here are your instructions:
Combine turkey, ¼ tsp. salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
Roll mixture into eighteen 1½-inch meatballs. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add half of meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until meatballs are browned on each side. Place browned meatballs in a 3-quart slow cooker.
Repeat with the remaining meatballs. Set aside.
Add onion to same skillet; cook, over medium-high heat, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Top meatballs with cooked onion, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; cook, covered, on low temperature for 5 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.