Shrimp And Avocado Taco Salad
Shrimp and Avocado Taco Salad is light and refreshing with a shrimp marinade that doubles as the salad dressing!
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1/2 tspn chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 oz chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- coarse sea salt (optional)
- blue corn tortilla chips, crushed
Here are your instructions:
Combine the first six ingredients in a food processor or blender then process until smooth. Place shrimp in a plastic bag then add 3 Tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (no longer.) Reserve remaining dressing for salad dressing.
After the shrimp have marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray then saute in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, for 1-2 minutes a side, or until just barely cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Discard remaining marinade.
Divide lettuce and red cabbage between plates then top with avocados, tomatoes, sauteed shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, then drizzle dressing on top and serve.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.