Grilled Apples With Cheese and Honey
Dessert meets the cheese plate when you drizzle grilled apples and flavorful cheese with honey and toasted pecans for a quick and healthy finish to any meal for two. This is a good chance to try some exotic honeys—their nuances will shine in this simple dessert.
- 1 large apple(s) or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 teaspoon oil, almond or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar, powdered
- 1 ounce(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoon nuts, pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoon honey
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl. Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.
Calories 250, Fat 14g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 93mg, Saturated Fat 3g, Protein 5g, Fiber 3g, Carbohydrates 30g
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.