Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg
By making a few substitutions to this classic fall side dish, this recipe makes it healthier without sacrificing the flavor.
- 2½ lbs. medium yams, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided use
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp. 100% orange juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Arrange yams in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt. Set aside.
Combine orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice, butter, and honey in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Pour orange juice mixture over yams; toss to coat.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¾ tsp. salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Bake yams, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork tender.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.