Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger
This butternut squash soup recipe gets maximum flavor from ginger, curry, and coconut milk. Freeze individual portions for quick meals anytime.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 10 cups cubed butternut squash (about 3½ lbs.)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. yellow curry powder
- 6 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft and fragrant.
Add squash, salt, and curry powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until squash is soft.
Place soup in a blender or food processor, in small batches; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
Place blended soup back into saucepan. Add coconut milk; cook, over medium heat, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Blend small batches of hot liquids in blender or food processor since they expand during the blending process, therefore increasing the chance of overflowing.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.