Black Beans and Escarole Salad
This easy and beautiful vegetable salad recipe features escarole and can be served with beans, guacamole, avocado, and lime wedges.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsps kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tblspns white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tspns freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tblspns olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tblspns chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (found in the international aisle)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 head escarole, washed and trimmed of tough leaves
- 12 ounces store-bought guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Here are your instructions:
In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt, onion, and vinegar. Season with the pepper, then whisk in the oil.
Place the beans in a large bowl. Pour ¾ of the dressing over them. Add the chipotle and cilantro. Toss, cover, and set aside.
Preheat grill pan over medium heat.
Toss the escarole with the remaining dressing. Grill for 3 minutes, turning constantly, until just wilted and golden.
Serve with the beans, guacamole, avocado, and lime wedges.
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.