Couponing Basics to Extreme Part 7: What Can I Get for Free?
Some of the links in my blogs may be affiliate links. See my disclaimer page for more information.
This is Part 7 in a series on Couponing Basics that even a very beginner can master this month. Today’s topic is What Can I Get for Free?
Whether or not you are trying to eat healthier, feed your family more nutritious meals, or just get that paycheck to stretch until the next paycheck we could all save a little money using coupons. My hope is that after you have learned and implemented my tips and resources you will be able to strategically use coupons as a tool in your mom toolbox to save your family money.
In case this is the first time you have came to my blog my name is Shannah Holt and I’m a mom of 8 kids (and 8 furbabies). I’m also a SAHM that has homeschooled for about 15 years now, so living on one income and sometimes less than that with a large family I’ve had to learn the hard way how to stretch that paycheck to survive. I just want to share my tips so you don’t have to go through as much struggle as I have.
Here is a video from a live presentation I did on my Facebook page. I do post tips each day if you would like to check them out here is my page: Fit Frugal Life Facebook Page
There are many things you can get for free or almost free when you start couponing. Today I am going to talk about what common products and Brand names you can find the Extreme deals on. Here is a free downloadable price sheet of common stock up prices on many different items I got from Krazy Koupon Lady website. Download it here.
First most of these items that you can get for free or almost free are non food items, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still save money on groceries. I shared a 7 step series last week on how to do that plus if you are saving money on the non food than you have more money to put towards groceries. Here is the link to the series on Saving Money on Groceries.
Common items you can get extreme deals on.
Bonus tip: You can save money on fruit by purchasing Driscoll’s brand and signing up for their Advisory panel. For doing a survey on a package of berries you just ate you will earn a coupon. The more surveys the bigger the coupon gets each time. I get $1 off each package with these coupons. Sign up here: Driscoll’s
- Cereal there is a plethora amount of different branded cereals that offer coupons and grocery stores run sales all the time on cereal.
- Can Soups especially in the winter months you will see all of these go on sale and find many coupons to match with these. The thing about cans is they last a long time. So if you can get soup for 25c or less stock up as many as you can.
- Candy and gum I have found these deals more at the drug stores like Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid. They will run their own store coupon and you can combine it with a Manufacturer coupon.
- Dental Health products such as mouthwash, toothpaste, and toothbrushes with brands like Colgate and Crest run many sales and coupons especially at Drug stores.
- Shaving needs like disposable razors, creams, and gels. You can find these especially at drug stores or big department stores like Target and Walmart.
- Shampoos & Body Wash Brands like Tresemme, Pantene, Suave, Dove, and Softsoap are frequently at Target, Drug Stores and Walmart with competitive pricing.
- Paper Towels and Toilet Paper like Scott, Cottonelle can be found with great deals at Kmart, Target, and Drug Stores.
- Laundry items like detergent and dryer sheets brands such as Purex, Arm & Hammer & Gain I have found the best at drug stores and even Dollar tree
- Vitamins and medicines like antacids at Walgreens and CVS
- Air fresheners and plugins at drugstores and Dollar General.
- Feminine products like pads and tampons at Target and Walmart
- Cosmetics especially eye make up at the drug stores but occasionally at Target, Walmart, and DG (when on clearance).
There can be many more deals like this found when you are looking for them. Tomorrow I will be discussing how to stack these deals together for the best deals. What are items I left off the list that you have found? Post in the comments.